Folding bikes need more suspension than regular bikes and we listened to the needs of our customers across the globe. So we are now introducing the Downtube 9FS (9 speed full suspension) folding bicycle! It is finally here and many people are pleased and so will you! For one, it is the model that is the most comfortable compared to our other bikes. It is preloaded with adjustable suspension located in the front and in the rear.
You can take this bike on long rides without needing any more than nine speeds! The bike’s build quality is amazing and solid as a rock! The wide handlebars make it easier to maneuver. You will even forget that you are riding a folding bike, if you are not careful.
Most folding bikes have smaller frames and wheels, which makes them stiffer than larger- wheeled bikes. Our 9FS bike is delivers super comfort and is EXACTLY what is going to work for most riders. You won’t want to stop riding! On top of being more comfy, you will love the high quality drivetrain by SunRace, which we added. We are proud to announce that its performance is similar to that of the Shimano Deore. In addition to the top notch frame with comfortable suspension, we added several high end parts and a small fold. If you could describe this bike in one cool sentence, it would be “This bike rocks!” It has some incredibly amazing features that you will enjoy every time you hop on this bike. It will fulfill almost all of your needs and more…
On this bike, we include features that will make it more enjoyable to go on long rides. You will notice the aluminum frame, rack braze-ons, but rack is not included; integrated headset, and removable frame protector.
Do you want to know why this bike stops FAST? I bet you will love to know that too! Well, its high end Tektro V brakes, two finger levers, which are matched with double-wall aluminum machined-sidewall rims is the reason; since this allows the brakes to become engaged on a textured surface!
We also offer standard upgrades for free and this includes the headtube bag interface and water bottle braze-on, but cage is not included.AND that’s not all!
With its adjustable suspension, it is so much easier to go up the hill. This bike is now fully disc ready. Yes, you heard right - it is 100% disc ready! In fact, we also include disc hubs that accept 6 bolt rotors. We also include frame tabs for the disc as well as disc cable routing. It also comes with a front derailleur braze-on with cable routing, which allows you to easily turn this bike into a 27 speed bicycle in a snap. Without hindrance to the fold, when you buy this bike, we customize it to your liking by adding mini bar-ends and high-rise handlebars.
When folded, it fits in any size vehicle. You will get tons of attention when riding on your bike. You will be almost obsessed with this bike when you get it. So what are you waiting for? Hit the purchase link and get to riding!
- Integrated threadless headset
- Front derailleur braze-on will allow one to turn it into a 27sp bike.
- Head tube and seat tube interface for bags, pumps, or battery packs
- Rear swingarm bolt can be removed from non-drive side (easy to disassemble the frame for super compact storage)
- Lighter stem which folds thinner
- Upgraded drivetrain w/trigger shifters
- Disc hubs (front and rear) with disc mounts on the frame
- Upgraded brakes, levers, and noodle
- Upgraded BB
- Lighter fork
- Powder coat paint with clear coat on top.
- Aluminum stem dial (older models used plastic)
- Upgraded cable housing
- Upgraded kickstand mount
- Cold forged cranks
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket.
- Preload adjustable trans-arch suspension fork
- Rear disc tabs
- Lightweight and easy to fold alloy pedals
- Alloy and stainless frame and stem quick releases
- Machined sidewall rims
- Lowest price 9-speed folder brand in the world...all others cost over $1,000!
- 24H/28H spoked front/rear wheels for light weight
- 1.5" front tire for low rolling resistance
- Replaceable 48T chainring
- Stainless Steel spokes
- Upgraded brake levers with textured grip
- Frame interface for pump on the rear of seat tube
- Mini bar-ends (With many folding bikes, it is difficult to steer with a long stem. Bar-ends solve this problem but make the bike difficult to fold. Not with our mini bar-ends - they are easy to turn and easy to fold!)
- Folding left and right pedals for compactness
- Plastic chainring cover to make keep chain from getting dirt and grime in your car or storage area. Also keeps the chain from falling off
- Ding-a-ling bell to alert pedestrians and cars
- Extra-wide rise handlebars to allow the rider to stretch out and feel comfortable. Rotating the rise bars can push the rider towards the saddle ( for upright comfort riding ) or away from the saddle (for more aggressive riding)
- Super duper soft comfortable grips
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel
- Velo "love channel" saddle
- Braze-ons to allow a water bottle cage or pump
Rear swingarm removable for super-compact folding (used for airplane travel)
Weight: 27 lbs
Folding time: 13 seconds
Rider Weight: 255 lbs max.
Frame: Xtra-Light aluminum frame with 850-pound coil spring shock
Fork: Zoom fork with disc tabs for disc brakes
Saddle: Velo "love channel" saddle
Seat post: Kalin 500 mm aluminum seat post
Brakes: Tektro aluminum V-brakes with strong springs (frame includes cable routing for disc brakes and disc-compatible hubs)
Brake Levers: Tektro aluminum brake levers (with 2-finger comfort grip)
Front wheel: Quando 24H QR disc hub with double-wall rim
Rear Wheel: Quando 28H QR disc cassette hub with double-wall rim
Tires: Kenda 20 (406mm) x 1.5" front and 20 (406mm) x 1.75" rear
Shifters: Sun Race 9sp triggers (the best value trigger shifter in the market)
Cassette: Sun Race 9sp 11-32 (this is one of the nicest cassettes on the market) Derailleur: Sun Race M93 9sp (CNC machined one of the smoothest derailleurs)
Cranks: Prowheel aluminum 170 mm 48T with chain guard
Gear inches: 28 to 81.5
Chain: KMC with masterlink for super-quick removal & cleaning
Pedals: Folding right and left
9FS Folding and Unfolding