Folding bikes need more suspension than regular bikes and we listened to the needs of our customers across the globe, so we are now introducing the Downtube 8S, 8 speed front suspension commuter folding bicycle! It shares the same frame and fork as our top selling 9S. It is the super comfortable due to the front suspension which is preload adjustable.
You can take this bike on long rides without needing any more than eight speeds! The bike’s build quality is amazing and solid as a rock! The wide handlebars make it easier to maneuver, and the angle adjustable stem allows a custom fit for both tall and short riders. You will even forget that you are riding a folding bike, if you are not careful.
Most folding bikes have smaller frames and wheels, which makes them stiffer than larger- wheeled bikes. Our 8S bike delivers super comfort and is EXACTLY what is going to work for most riders. You won’t want to stop riding! On top of being more comfy, you will love the high quality drivetrain by Microshift, which we added. In addition to the top notch frame with comfortable suspension, we added many high end parts and a small fold. If you could describe this bike in one cool sentence, it would be “This bike rocks!” It has some incredibly amazing features that you will enjoy every time you hop on this bike. It will fulfill almost all of your needs and more…
On this bike, we include features that will make it more enjoyable to go on long rides. You will notice the lightweight aluminum frame & rack, plastic rear fender, kickstand, and removable frame protector.
We also offer standard upgrades such as the headtube bag interface pump interface, and water bottle braze-on, but pump and cage are not included.
AND that’s not all!
With its adjustable suspension, it is so much easier to go up the hill. It also comes with a front derailleur braze-on with cable routing, which allows you to easily turn this bike into a 16 or 24 speed bicycle in a snap. The angle adjustable stem, and bar ends are a great addition to allow an easily customizable fit.
When folded, it fits in any size vehicle. You will get tons of attention when riding on your bike.
- Heavy Duty rear rack
- Rear Fender
- Front derailleur braze-on will allow one to turn it into a 24sp bike.
- Head tube and seat tube interface for bags, pumps, or battery packs
- Angle adjustable stem
- Microshift 8sp drivetrain w/trigger shifters
- Lighter fork with aluminum lowers and crown
- Preload adjustable trans-arch suspension fork
- Rear disc tabs
- Lightweight and easy to fold right pedal ( left non folding )
- Aluminium frame
- Lowest price 8-speed suspension commuter folder in the world…most others cost over $1,000!
- 24H/28H spoked front/rear wheels for light weight
- thinner 1.5" front tire for low rolling resistance
- Stainless Steel spokes
- Frame interface for pump on the rear of seat tube
- Mini bar-ends (With many folding bikes, it is difficult to steer with a long stem. Bar-ends solve this problem but make the bike difficult to fold. Not with our mini bar-ends – they are easy to turn and easy to fold!)
- Plastic chainring cover to make keep chain from getting dirt and grime in your car or storage area.
- Bell to alert pedestrians and cars
- Soft foam comfortable grips
- Adjustable height stem allows bike to be used by kids and adults
- Front and rear Quick Release skewers to quickly remove either wheel
8S Folding and Unfolding